Oman Gas Company S.A.O.C. (OGC) is the gas transportation company in Oman delivering natural gas to main economic sectors and major consumers comprising of Domestic, Power and Desalination plants, Fertilizer, Methanol, Petrochemical, Refinery, Steel and Cement plants.
Master Degree in Financial / Banking Studies or any equivalents qualifications (CMA/CIMA/CFA).
At least 7 years in the field of financial appraisal of business opportunities and proposals.
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, subject matter experts, and employees.
2. Capability to work under pressure and deliver results at the agreed deadlines.
3. Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
4. Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
5. Knowledge of necessary softwares, including applications that are helpful to carry out the responsibilities.
6. A capable organizer equipped with strong knowledge in MS Excel.
2. Assembles spread sheets and draw charts and graphs used to illustrate technical reports;
3. Interprets and analyzes financial and business related data affecting investment programs, such as price, yield, stability, future trends in investment risks, and economic influences;
4. Maintains knowledge and stay abreast of developments in the fields of industrial technology, business, finance, and economics. This can be developed by creating awareness of new business opportunities that the Company may pursue depending on financial and economic analysis outcomes, market analysis and profitability analysis
5. Monitors fundamental economic, industrial, and corporate developments through the analysis of information obtained from financial publications and services, investment banking firms, government agencies, trade publications, company sources, and personal interviews.
6. Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities
7. Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
8. Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners’ needs and goals.
9. Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
10. Provides information to supervisors, and co-workers, by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
11. Provides guidance and expert advice to management or other groups on financial, investment and other related topics.
12. Maintains and modifying all analytic/financial models in use.
13. Defines or recommends model specifications or data collection methods
14. Devises or applies independent financial/economic models or tools to help verify results and outputs
15. Produces written summaries of research results
16. Abide all statutory requirements pertaining to HSE.
17. Adhere to all HSE standards and specification of OGC.
18. Implement all Quality and HSE requirements coming under your area of jurisdiction.