Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Sub Office provides support to office operations performing a variety of standard ICT/administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work.
The ICT/Admin Assistant works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and projects staff in the SO to ensure consistent service delivery.
Functions / Key Results Expected
The ICT/Admin Assistant will work under the direct supervision of Head of Sub office and Operations Specialist with the overall management of the Office. He/she will perform the following functions;
Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of key functions:
- Implementation of ICT management systems and Strategies.
- Effective functioning of the CO hardware and software Packages
- Support to networks administration
- Provision of administrative support
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Supports implementation of ICT management systems and strategies, Focusing on achievement of the following results.
- Compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures for the CO Technology environment.
- Support to the use of ATLAS (UNDP’s implementation of ERP) functionality for improved business results and improved client services.
- Provision of inputs to the CO administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Provision of inputs to preparation of results-oriented work plans.
2.Ensures Effective Functioning of the CO hardware and Software Packages, Focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Performance of specific technical functions, including changing of hardware electronic components (disks, memories, network wiring, power sources, etc.) and routine repairs. Assistance in the installation of commercial and in-house developed software and related upgrades.
- Assistance in upgrading patch and antivirus programs on a timely basis. Monitoring of file server traffic, usage and performance on a frequent and regular basis. Support to users in backing up and restoring their files, as well as in virus detection, removal and prevention.
3.Supports networks administration,Focussing on achievement of the following results:
- Assistance in troubleshooting and monitoring of network problems.
- Response to user needs and questions regarding network access.
- Assistance in backup and restoration procedures for local drives. Maintenance of backup logs. Assistance to organization of offsite storage of backups.
4.Provides Administrative support ,Focusing on Achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of an up-to-date inventory of software and hardware.
- Maintenance of a library of ICT related reference materials.
- Maintenance of the inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts in cooperation with the Procurement Unit.
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Extraction of data from various sources
- Research and retrieval of l data from internal and external sources Preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports as required.
- Provision of ICT support to key events.
5.Ensure Facilitation of Knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing in the CO,Focussing on achievement of the following Results:
- Participation and assistance in the organization of training for the CO staff on ICT issues
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Ensures effective administrative support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assist in space allocation based upon current and future space requirement of the participating agencies based upon the approved staffing table.
- To make sure the efficient and effective functioning of the common premises as well as rules and regulations
- Drafting terms of reference of support staff and undertake follow up activities in recruitment and selection of appropriate candidate
- Preparation of the procurement plan of BMS and its implementation/ Arrange and maintenance of office infrastructure, technology and equipment
- Arrange meetings, internal and external and perform liaison duties with other units. Work as secretary of the meetings and following up regarding implementation of decision.
- Monitor, follow up and provide assistance to the building management system
- Provide assistance in timely and cost effective mobilization of building management services and monitoring progress and finding ways and means for improving building management services
- Assist with all administrative and logistical arrangements for meetings, workshops conferences
- To facilitate the stationary request and keep the record of the stationary distribution
- Supervise the work of support staff
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to head of unit.
- Maintain inventory data base of all Project assets/equipment.
- Management of drivers.
- Prepare and maintain vehicle monthly log book, report, maintenance record and other tasks.
- Any other task assigned by supervisor
- Shares knowledge and experience and provides helpful advice to others in the office.
- Ability to develop systems for structuring, codifying and providing access to information and knowledge
- Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to perform a variety of standard specialized and nonspecialized tasks and work processes that are fully documented, researched, recorded and reported
- Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust discrepancies, identify and resolve operational problems
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work
Recruitment Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum Secondary degree with relevant certifications in Hardware and Software management and application, Microsoft certified professional (MCP) preferred
- ICT or related field is required. A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level is required.
- Fluency in English and Urdu required
UNDP provides the Equal Opportunity for all equally qualified male & female including the physically challenged candidates, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply’’ (local and internal VA)
“United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) does not charge fee at any stage of the recruitment process including application, interviews, selection or induction etc. Moreover, UNDP does not concern itself with any information on the applicants’ bank accounts.”
– HEC Attested degrees are a pre-requisite for employment at UNDP. During the recruitment process candidates may be required to present HEC attested degrees.
– Foreign Qualified Candidates: Foreign-degree holders shall be required to (i) Present a verification/certification letter from the university verifying the degree & student enrollment, or (ii) Foreign degree Equivalence Letter from HEC.