The pioneer of the natural gas industry in the country, Pakistan Petroleum Limited (PPL) has been a frontline player in the energy sector since the mid-1950s. As a major supplier of natural gas, PPL today contributes around 20 percent of the country’s total natural gas supplies besides producing crude oil, Natural Gas Liquid and Liquefied Petroleum Gas.
The ideal candidate should possess a law degree from a reputable foreign university/ institute recognized by the Higher Education Commission with postgraduate professional qualification (barrister or solicitor or its equivalent) orlicence to practice law in Supreme Court.
At least 15 years of post-qualification relevant work experience with demonstrable record of handling commercial and legal matters in a reputable organization or a law firm.
- Have proven record of managing petroleum industry acquisitions, mergers and divestments, including negotiations and related legal and commercial matters
- Able to provide legal advice to the management to ensure that the company is not exposed to any unwarranted liabilities, claims, damages and penalties
- Able to strategize and supervise litigation matters
- Have sound understanding of areas of law relating to oil and gas, corporate, commercial, taxation, employees and labour
- Possess excellent drafting and commercial negotiation skills with extensive hands-on-work exposure relating to petroleum concession, farm-in/ farm-out, assignment and joint operating agreements
- Able to effectively liaise with regulatory bodies
- Capable of handling multiple tasks independently or with minimum supervision
- Have experience of handling alternative dispute resolution procedures
Last Date to Apply: 07-December-2015