Muscat Electricity Distribution Company SAOC (“MEDC”) is a closed joint stock Omani company established as a result of the new market structure for electricity and related water sector under the Sector Law promulgated by Royal Decree No. 78 / 2004.
Job Title: Executive Secretary
Acts as communicative focal point for all administrative issues and concerns between the Department and external parties to establish an open line communication among MEDC stakeholders.
Carries out secretarial, receptionist and administrative duties for the CEO, including taking dictations, typing of correspondence, filing documents, mail distribution.
Makes necessary arrangements for conference meetings, prepares agenda and takes meeting minutes.
Maintains an efficient records/filing system for all incoming/outgoing documents and correspondences by establishing codes and ensuring that confidentiality is observed at all times and that all matters requiring urgent attention are properly addressed to.
Draft technical and non-technical reports. This includes preparing and typing routine covering letters, memos and compilation of administrative, financial or technical information.
Assists in the preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual reports by the CEO as required, to facilitate the timely submission of reports by the Department.
Work closely with other secretarial staff throughout the Company, to ensure consistency in the quality of administrative services.
Undertake other related duties as requested by the CEO.
– Diploma in Business Communication, Administration or equivalent area of study
– Bachelor’s Degree desirable.
– At least 2 years relevant working experience, preferably in a secretarial/support function
– Exposure in directly supporting a Manager, Supervisor or equivalent senior personnel.
– Excellent communication skills, both in written & spoken English and Arabic.
– Strong organizational and time management skills.
– Ability to prepare business data and reports, with shorthand skills.
– Computer literate, with strong working knowledge of MS Word and Excel, PPT and Outlook.; with typing speed of 40-50 wpm in both English & Arabic