GE works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and Finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.ge.com
The objective of the role will be to develop GE’s overall commercial offering of GE Businesses. The Commercial Development & Government Relation Manager will have a cross-functional role between GE’s businesses & Pakistan Government to develop GE’s relationship and go-to-market strategy and sales tools/support needed to drive growth in the region.
- Craft “Go-to-Market” strategies to penetrate customers and markets to identify the potential for growth.
- Build strong, enduring relationships with key government departments and officials in order to grow GE businesses in Pakistan
- Facilitate integration and implementation of strategy; achieve growth through solutions strategy: identify opportunities, generate leads with government
- Connect with the government sector, act as Voice of GE and build deep relationships
- Develop detailed market analysis for each GE business and compile “fact-base” including Total & Available Customer Spend, Competitive Analysis and Regulatory Analysis.
- Foster strategic marketing development activities with the Government.
- Identify potential partners; evaluate alliances, partnerships, customer programs & variable channels. Execute partnership activities to steer GE through the hybrid evolution.
- Learn existing offerings & develop a plan for Pakistan in conjunction with global team
- Represent GE at all events and related meetings with government locally and globally
- Develop localized sales toolkit.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of the Pakistani local market with strong government relations, preferably with a technical background.
- Commercial, customer facing, background in sales, marketing or business development. Consultancy experience can be decisive factor.
- Excellent understanding of the regional economics with respect to regulatory impacts and subsidies.
- Must be computer literate with creative capabilities in making own high level presentation
- Bachelor’s degree (ideally engineering) with MBA is advantageous.
- Fluent in English and Urdu